With the popularity of companies offering weight loss prepared meals, consumers who want to capitalize on the convenience of prepared diet meals are turning to industry leaders such as NutriSystem and eDiets for weight loss meals delivered to their home.
NutriSystem, a public company, generated $528 million dollars of revenue in 2009. e-Diets, also a public company, produced $18 million over the same period. Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, which offer weight loss meal plans, but not for home delivery.
Weight Loss Delivery
Weight loss delivery services offer consumers the simplicity of having daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack menus shipped weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
Some companies offer custom delivery schedules. The benefit for dieters is that the diet meals are portioned and designed to adhere to standard nutritional guidelines for weight loss.
Customers no longer have to count calories, fat grams, saturated fat, and carbohydrates. Weight loss meal planning can be a daunting task for people unfamiliar with nutritional guidelines. This service also has the obvious benefit of saving consumers the task of properly shopping, buying, and cooking their own meals.
Weight Loss Websites
Other companies offering meals for weight loss only companies include Chef’s Diet, Medifast, Seattle Sutton, BistroMD, Diet to Go, and Freshology. As each vendor fights for their share of the market,
but their meals are shelf stable and do not require refrigeration. Medifast is a company with a menu of mostly powered soups. Most of the other suppliers have prepared meals, but there are quite a variety of offerings, so you should research them closely. Some vendors offer local or regional fresh weight loss meal plans. Some try to be unique in their strategy for how they calculate the nutritional values of their menus, and almost all companies want to have you commit to automatic deliveries.
Weight Loss Meal Plans
There are many companies with strong positions and reputations in the gourmet prepared meals niche, that also offer diet menu plans. Generally speaking, the quality of companies specializing in gourmet meal delivery, have higher quality diet meals. Many consumers are willing to accept less in the way of a quality complete meal because they are dieting. Consider the possibility that the largest diet meal delivery companies, such as NutriSystem, Weight Watchers,The DineWise Diet may have the largest a la carte menu of foods to lose weight, and Healthy Chef Creations offers organic weight loss meals. These companies have already specialized in large gourmet menus, so you will not find it difficult to create a custom meal plan for weight loss. Generally speaking, the diet-only companies have limited menu selections and substitution options. These companies are also not so reliant on requiring you to take advanced deliveries, but they do offer it as an option.
Weight Loss Reviews
Buying any weight loss meal plan online will require some research and comparison shopping to find the perfect service for you. The amount of weight you want to lose is directly proportionate to the length of time you will be on the service. These weight loss tips will help you make the best selection for your needs:
- Read consumer weight loss reviews of any company you may be interested in. Consumers who take the time to share their experiences allow you benefit from their knowledge. If you have purchased a mael plan for weight loss, submit your review, and share your experiences with others. Testimonials found on the company website will generally be all positive.
- Understand how many calories a diet plan offers. Daily caloric intake can vary from 800 to 2,000 calories a day. Finding the right amount of calories for you will help you from getting hungry and sticking to your program. It is always better to lose weight gradually.
- Read the terms of cancellation carefully. Some companies make it easy to cancel, some companies will add a final week of their service depending on when you cancel.
- Look for a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Guarantees can range from none, to shipping quality only, to a full refund if you are not happy with the service. Generally speaking, companies with higher cancellation rates have less in the way of guarantees.
- Learn how much you may have to supplement the program. Will you have to buy salads, snacks, or cook your own dinner? Do your best to understand what you get and what you will have to get.
- Does the company also sell add-ons? Some companies may try to get you on monthly nutritional supplement programs in addition to purchasing meal plans.
- Know your budget. The way to find value is to choose a weight loss service that combines the value of high quality meals you will enjoy and the cost of their food. The cheapest food to buy will usually taste like the cheapest food to eat.
- Study the menu if you are interested in any kind of weekly diet plan. Look for a breakfast that doesn’t sound like it is well balanced. Some weight loss meal plans will provide you just a muffin or a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Lunches and dinners should have a lean protein, a small starch (carb) side dish, and a generous portion of vegetables. Use 400 calories as a guideline when evaluating coloric intake of meals on the menu.
Start out slowly with stretching, yoga, and brisk walks around the neighborhood. Progress to workouts with light weights, and you will see the unwanted pounds melt away.
If you have not worked out in a while, it is always a good idea to see your doctor for a fitness physical.