- You have an entire selection of healthy foods to choose from, dinner meals, breakfast, lunch and snacks. Dine Wise Diet weight loss meals are all nutritionally engineered meals that are selected by food experts. You can now stick to your weight plan without worrying about what to prepare for yourself.
With the popularity of companies offering weight loss prepared meals, consumers who want to capitalize on the convenience of prepared diet meals are turning to industry leaders such as NutriSystem and eDiets for weight loss meals delivered to their home.
NutriSystem, a public company, generated $528 million dollars of revenue in 2009. e-Diets, also a public company, produced $18 million over the same period. Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig, which offer weight loss meal plans, but not for home delivery.
- Read consumer weight loss reviews of any company you may be interested in. Consumers who take the time to share their experiences allow you benefit from their knowledge. If you have purchased a mael plan for weight loss, submit your review, and share your experiences with others. Testimonials found on the company website will generally be all positive.
- Understand how many calories a diet plan offers. Daily caloric intake can vary from 800 to 2,000 calories a day. Finding the right amount of calories for you will help you from getting hungry and sticking to your program. It is always better to lose weight gradually.
- Read the terms of cancellation carefully. Some companies make it easy to cancel, some companies will add a final week of their service depending on when you cancel.
- Look for a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Guarantees can range from none, to shipping quality only, to a full refund if you are not happy with the service. Generally speaking, companies with higher cancellation rates have less in the way of guarantees.
- Learn how much you may have to supplement the program. Will you have to buy salads, snacks, or cook your own dinner? Do your best to understand what you get and what you will have to get.
- Does the company also sell add-ons? Some companies may try to get you on monthly nutritional supplement programs in addition to purchasing meal plans.
- Know your budget. The way to find value is to choose a weight loss service that combines the value of high quality meals you will enjoy and the cost of their food. The cheapest food to buy will usually taste like the cheapest food to eat.
- Study the menu if you are interested in any kind of weekly diet plan. Look for a breakfast that doesn’t sound like it is well balanced. Some weight loss meal plans will provide you just a muffin or a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Lunches and dinners should have a lean protein, a small starch (carb) side dish, and a generous portion of vegetables. Use 400 calories as a guideline when evaluating coloric intake of meals on the menu.
Losing weight is easier when the burden of deciding which foods to include has been handled by nutritional professionals.
Diet Delivery Reviews
This are the most popular diet delivery services that ship complete meals to dieters througout the country. A link to the company’s full review, with consumer experiences and coupon codes is provided for your convenience. These summaries are based on diet delivery reviews from consumers.
Gourmet Station has been preparing and delivering gourmet mealswith a focus on authentic ethnic cuisine all across the United States since 2000. This company offers a replacement or money back guarantee if your gourmet dinner is damaged in transit or does not arrive on the date specified.
Exotic menus feature Americana, Cajun, Fusion, Parisian and Tuscan cuisine are inspired by authentic recipes that have been faithfully reproduced, flash frozen and packaged for delivery by UPS.
Meals arrive in a special cooler and in just thirty minutes you will have a multi-course spread on your kitchen table. They have meal plans that are priced individually and you can choose from one cuisine type or try the international sampler that includes dishes from different categories.
Dinner packages are also available for special occasions like anniversaries, birthdays, and romantic getaways. Each package feeds two adults and includes your choice of bread, soup, entrée, dessert and coffee or tea and candy.
Gourmet Station offers a full range of gourmet food gifts that includes choices like Wagyu (Kobe) Steaks and a wide array of fresh seafood items. Soup lovers will want to check out the gourmet soup packages with such choices as Italian Wedding Soup, Lobster Bisque and Sausage Gumbo, just to name a few. Soup packages include baguettes and cookies. Appetizer samplers also sold with options including Roasted Tomato Bruschetta, Portobello Puffs, Chicken Wonton and many more.
Studies have shown that those who follow a vegetarian diet plan have increased their lifespan by more than 50%. They are less likely to develop cardiovascular diseases and hypertension, which are the common mortality factors in many people these days. A vegan diet focuses on plants as food, but may include protein substitutions once in a while. There are different kinds of vegetarian diet, all with its unique benefits.
- Pure Vegan Diet –consists of entirely vegetables and fruits. They exclude all meat products, including dairy foods.
- Lacto Vegetarian Diet –consists of vegetables and dairy products.
- Semi-vegetarian Diet – consists of vegetables and dairy products and may include meats from chicken
FreshDirect does deliver items such as deodorant, fresh fruit, and bakery items, but it is the prepared meals we are most interested in. Their website has two sections that contribute towards the convenience of getting meals on the table. These sections are called Heat & Eat, and 4-minute meals.
- Heat and Eat, are mostly prepared foods, like a pot pie, marinated steak, or meatballs in sauce, but still need to be cooked.
- 4-Minute Meals, which are prepared meals that are microwave ready and can service as a dinner for any day of the week, or a trayed lunch you can bring to the office. Each meal costs between $7.99 and $9.99.
- Note: When viewing products on the category page of their website, you have to click the text link to see the details of the product you are interested in. If you click the picture, you will only see a “Quick Buy” shopping cart feature.
- Italian with twelve selections
- Smart and Simple (Under 500 Calories) with twelve selections
- Indian with ten selections
- Vegetarian with nine selections
- French with six selections
- Mexican with six selections
In December 2011, Family Chef has announced they have partnered with DineWise, America’s most popular prepared meal website.
Family Chef joins Home Bistroand Colorado Prime Steaks as part of the DineWise family of prepared meals and unprepared gourmet food, including all natural beef products.
There are only twelve complete meals to choose from including pork, beef, chicken and turkey options. Pasta dishes like lasagna and spaghetti are also available. Seafood fanatics may want to try the Southern Shrimp Creole and Cajun Shrimp Pasta.
Dessert Combo Packs feature Mega Meals combined with your choice of dessert cake. Available sweets are cheesecakes provided by The Cheesecake Factory that are ready to thaw and serve and Turtle Cheesecake made by Lawlers. New desserts are added on a seasonal basis. Meal delivery service is abailable throughout the United States.
Meal Pack selections include discount prices for six, ten or twelve meals when purchased at one time. There is a delivery service guarantee that offers your money back if your meals do not arrive on or ahead of the scheduled delivery date. Meals are shipped anywhere in the nation via Federal Express. You can order your meals up to three weeks in advance and choose your desired shipping date when you check out. They do not offer weight loss meals or weight loss meal plans.
Family Chef Reviews
- Their diabetic prepared meals include an entree, properly portioned carbohydrate side dish, and two servings of vegetables, which is so important to diabetics.
- They have a price fix of $9.99 per meal. Pick whatever meals you want to have delivered and they cost $9.99 each.
Cuisine Solutions offers prepared mealsto other restaurants and has a meal delivery service for consumers. They specialize in the sous-vide method of cooking, which mean their gourmet meals are cooked in plastic bags, vacuumed, and immersed in warm water for long periods of time.
Home Bistro is another meal delivery service that specializes in the sous-vide method of cooking.Food prepared using the sous-vide method of cooking is always moist. The result is known to bring flavors together, similar to other slow cooking methods, such as a crock pot or slow roasting.
The company has been selling their gourmet food to hotels, airlines, restaurants, and the military for almost twenty years.
- Lamb Shank will cost $29.99
- Beef Wellington is $36.50
- Chicken Marsala is $20.85
- Chicken Florentine has 18 grams of fat and 1,310 of sodium
- Beef Short Ribs has 44 grams of fat and 1,500 mg of sodium
- The Tilapia entree has 3.5 grams of fat, but 670 mg of sodium
How do you choose a prepared meal delivery company? Finding the right balance of needs, quality, and price is how you find value.
Are you looking to buy gourmet meals? Are you looking to send senior meals to a relative? Are you send meals as a gourmet food gift? The best place to start is to look for what you need these meals to accomplish. This page offers tips on what prepared meals are. We also offer guidelines on How to choose a meal delivery servce.
- Some companies may refund your money.
- Some may replace parts of your order.
- Some may give you the option of what is best for you.